Non-Catholic Church weddings in italy - The Maratea & Cilento bishops and parish priest have given us permission to use a couple of his churches for non-catholic and Protestant weddings - see details below.
We offer non-Catholic church weddings in a few locations, the most stunning being on top of mountain overlooking the sea - Church of Our Lady of The Olives & Snow (Eremo Madonna degli Ulive o delle Neve) -
Our Protestant weddings in Italy are conducted either by a local Italian Protestant minister or by an English church of England minister. Both will conduct weddings outdoors in any of our venues, or in a few Catholic church that allow non-catholic ceremonies. Currently these few churches are limited to the area of Maratea & Sapri.
The service by the Church of England is conducted in English. Catholics who wish a non-Catholic religious ceremony should choose the Church of England minister.
The Italian protestant minister requires you to identify your religion (s) and local church (name and address). The service is in Italian, with translation.
- All non catholic religious weddings in Italy must be preceded by a Civil Ceremony at the Town Hall for it to be legal. If you are getting married legally in your own home country and just want a religious ceremony, then the Minister will require to see your marriage certificate prior to officiating the ceremony in Italy.
- No Residency Requirements - Unlike most of Italy, indeed Europe, there are no residency nor minimum stay requirements for the region of the Coast of Maratea and the Cilento.
- Non-Catholic Christians (e.g., Protestants) and Non-Christians (e.g., Jewish) can have outdoor or church weddings, in this region of Italy,
Churches for Non Catholic-Ceremonies
Below are the churches and chapel where we can have religious non-Catholic weddings - a recognized religious official must officiate (e.g, minister, priest, rabbi, etc).
- The Church of Our Lady of the Snow & Olive Trees - on top of a mountain overlooking the sea, one of italy's most beautiful and dramtic coasts, and the nountains of two national parks.
- The Santa Croce di Sapri - on the sea
- The Chapel at Castellopraja - Castle overlooks the Sea
The Church of Our Lady Of the Snow & Olives
With its Ancient Frescoes
AN ASTONISHING CHURCH - PERCHED ON A MOUNTAIN OVERLOOKING THE SEA & TWO NATIONAL PARKS
Santa Croce di Sapri
CLASSICAL ITALIAN CHURCH RIGHT ON THE SEA
Nearby Accommodation & Reception Venues